*Hybrid role - in office 1-2 times per week* *Relocation assistance is possible*
Responsible for completing electrical engineering tasks critical to new product development and maintenance of our existing products. This individual contributor role will be a key participant in the Product Realization Process and a technical leader within the Electrical Engineering team with emphasis in audio hardware design.
- Lead development of advanced designs of digital and analog audio circuits including but not limed to MEMS microphone arrays and signal processing.
- Help a cross-functional team of researchers and engineers across various Bosch sites to quickly develop proofs-of-concept.
- Developing production systems as part of a fast-moving team of experienced engineers; mentoring and leading other engineers
- Assist project and product managers in development and maintenance of project schedule and scope as well as system requirements.
- Provide guidance and assistance to hardware test group during approbation and validation testing.
- Support quality initiatives to improve product performance and reliability through peer deign reviews, DFMEAs, PFMEAs, and DFMAs.
- Provide engineering support to resolve customer complaints and production product issues.
- BOM creation and release of product documentation.
- Coordinate tasks and provide guidance for technologists.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in the field of electrical engineering
- 5+ years of embedded system design experience
- 5+ years of experience developing circuit block diagrams, schematics and high-speed (>100MHz) PCB layouts optimized for EMC performance
- 3+ years of hardware engineering experience using MEMS sensors
- 3+ years of design experience in the area of advanced designs of digital and analog audio circuits
- Master’s Degree is highly desired
- Embedded system security and networking experience
- Experience with UL & CE safety agency approvals
- Functional knowledge of LINUX or ANDROID
- Experience in designing state of the art IoT systems with significant computer vision, audio analytics and sensor fusion capabilities
- Experience in audio DSP processing and analytics including echo cancellation, audio beam forming, sound triangulation, classifying audio sounds (gunshot, glass break detection, etc.)
- Experience digital video and some analog video
- Experience with EN-50130-4 EMC standard for alarm systems including radiated immunity, conducted immunity, ESD, burst and surge, as well as FCC and EN 55032 radiated emissions and conducted emissions
- Experience with providing technical leadership and guidance / project delegation
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)