Carr Workplaces provides the space, tools, connectivity and community to help your business thrive. From start-ups to fast growing companies, we’re in your corner. We've got supportive staff, flexible options on ways to work, nationwide locations, and a vibrant community that loves to collaborate. We’re here to do whatever it takes to get to the next level.
Interested in working for Carr Workplaces? We provide a vibrant, progressive and entrepreneurial community to our clients. This type of atmosphere starts with our people. We have the perfect blend of professionalism and character to build the most collaborative and energetic community possible. If you’re an energetic, social-minded team player, we want to hear from you.
The Building Engineer I will perform all duties, working under limited supervision to monitor building systems operations and performance and ensure the building and/or portfolio of buildings are maintained at the highest standards as required while maintaining state and city code compliance. They will be responsible for engineering operations and directing vendors, subcontractors and other Building Engineers. They will utilize their advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of the buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds. Trade skills to include carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Proactive and positive demeanor with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Create, implement and monitor performance measurement and management review process, as applicable.
- Implements and administers inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.
- Set challenging goals, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and persistence about accomplishing them and holding you and your team accountable for achieving results.
- Leads operations, manages work orders and/or provides technical and procedural training of coworkers and subcontractors. Arranges for subcontractors as needed.
- Consults with tenants to schedule preventive maintenance as needed for their suite.
- Formulates and implements a preventive maintenance program to ensure that building machinery and systems meet or exceed their rated life.
- Monitors building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by other staff and/or contractors. Determines that work is complete, equipment is fully functional and client space is in prime working condition.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Collaborate with Property Management Team to address customer relationships/retention.
- Promote engineering best practices and emphasizing continuous improvement related to all engineering related matters.
- Implement and maintain accurate record keeping of relevant building information.
- Ensure proper timing of purchases and expenditures so that proper cash flow is maintained.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1 - 2+ years relevant experience in modern office building. Strong “hands on” troubleshooting skills in HVAC, electrical and plumbing.
- Two year trade school certificate emphasizing HVAC, electrical, plumbing, life safety and building control systems preferred.
Core Competencies/Skill Sets:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate solutions effectively at a high level.
- Excellent client relations and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, time and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think differently. Ability to apply innovation and creative thinking to create something valuable for our customers.
- Ability to understand budgetary and job cost data to ensure compliance with approved budgets.
- Ability to execute data and information collection efforts; creatively sourcing the data and information when required.
- Proficient at working on multiple projects at once with shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Seeks a new perspective and feedback, in order to implement process improvements.
- Resilient in the face of constraints, frustrations or adversity.
- Provides reliable follow-up and consistently meets deadlines.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
At Carr Workplaces, we value our employees and believe in everyone’s own personal success. We offer a top of the line benefits package including a 401(k) with company match, a steady schedule — Core business hours are 8:15am-5:15pm M-F, and a chance to grow within an organization that truly values its employees.