If you are a dedicated professional who loves what you do, likes having fun at work, and proactively solves challenges, we’d like to hear from you!
Lingraphica is a mission-driven organization who provides speech-generating devices to help improve communication, speech, and quality of life for people with aphasia. We look for candidates who enjoy working in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment, and who share our commitment to helping individuals on their aphasia journey.
About the Role
We are looking for experienced software engineers that want to build software that helps people with aphasia lead fulfilling lives. The Development Lead will join our product engineering team that focuses on building and maintaining our language system software for speech generating devices, mobile applications, and therapy software. This role will join an engineering team with 8 members that include Software Engineers and QA and work closely with our Product Management team in enhancing our product offerings.
The ideal candidate will have experience in system design and working on mobile applications. We are looking for a team player who is passionate about code quality and hungry to learn new technologies and development stacks as needed by the team.
- The team works in a two-week iteration model and follows SCRUM as the basis of our software development process.
- We use Jira to track our user stories, chores and bugs.
- We use GitHub to maintain our code base.
- Our cloud infrastructure is hosted in AWS.
- We love tools that make our lives easier and have a plethora of modern and not so modern tools and services.
- Our language system is built on the Unity Framework with C# and is deployed on Android tablets. Our mobile apps are also built on the Unity Framework and deployed on iOS devices.
- We use unity cloud build, unity analytics and remote config extensively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and develops solutions for our product offerings
- Defines high level timeline estimates for major projects
- Directs the development team in the task estimation, design, development, coding, scheduling and debugging of applications
- Works with business leaders and product owners to translate ideas into technical requirements that the development team understands and implements
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Owns engineering support for the product and works closely with product management and customer service teams to meet SLAs.
- Leads strategic projects
- Actively contributes to the team deliverables to meet deadlines
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Responsible for technical exploration of new features and technologies to determine product fit and define implementation plan.
- Resolves production issues
- Collaborates with other members of the team to build features and maintain our automated test suite
- This position has no direct reports but assists the Engineering Manager in leading the engineering. team)
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates with the product owner and other members of the team to refine product requirements
- Coordinates with the customer service and operations teams to identify product issues and recommend solutions
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
- Experience in Unity Engine with C# or other object-oriented languages used in mobile app development
- Strong background in computer science fundamentals, object-oriented programming, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
- Knowledge of CI/CD technologies
- Experience in iOS or Android application development
- Experience with High Level System Design
- Experience with Universal Windows Platform applications is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable time and task management
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience building mobile and web applications in an object-oriented programming language
- 2+ years leading engineering teams in design and development of products
- Full Time
- Regular office hours: 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday
Work Environment & Physical Demands
This position is fully remote, working from home. Expected to maintain a safe, productive work environment with secure internet access. Must be able to operate a computer with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Traveling to Princeton, NJ office is required quarterly and for the company's annual meeting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demand satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities and physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To learn more about Lingraphica, visit: www.lingraphica.com!
This Organization Participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE. UU.